MASTER AND DOCTORAL CONSORTIA
ENGEMA’s Doctoral Consortiumaims at Doctoral students and seeks to contribute to the development of thesis projects that involve the sustainability theme. The activities are carried out as examining boards, made up of experienced and recognized researchers. The papers submitted by Doctoral students will be discussed in a respectful and cordial way, focusing on discussions that allow for a positive contribution to the improvement of thesis projects.
ENGEMA’s Master Consortium is aimed at students from academic and professional Master’s courses and seeks to contribute to the development of dissertation projects involving the sustainability themes. The activities are carried out as examining boards, made up of experienced and recognized researchers. The works submitted by the Master’s students will be discussed in a respectful and cordial way, focusing on discussions that allow for a positive contribution to the improvement of the dissertation projects.
Students who wish to send their projects to the Consortia must pay attention to the following rules:
a) Projects must be submitted through our system
b) The project proposal must contain up to 20 pages and must be structured as follows::
- Cover page containing title;
- author’s name;
- email and contact phone numbers;
- Graduate Program and institution to which the student is linked;
- advisor’s name;
- Brief introduction including research problem, objectives and rationale;
- Brief theoretical reference framework with main theoretical arguments, propositions and hypotheses;
- Methodological procedures;
- References (alphabetical order, according to ABNT/NBR-6023 or APA standard).
- Proposal format: Word for Windows text editor;
- A4 paper format; margins: top (3cm), bottom (2cm), left (3cm), right (2cm);
- Times New Roman font, size 12;
- single spacing between characters, words and lines.
c) Thesis proposals will be accepted in Portuguese, English or Spanish.
d) Before uploading the thesis or dissertation project, make sure that the file is virus-free. Works that do not meet this requirement will be excluded.
It is important to highlight that:
a) Students to present their projects will be chosen based on the quality of their projects, suitability to the event’s theme and number of places available. To evaluate the proposals, the following criteria will be used:
– Clarity in the definition of the theme, problem and objectives;
– Theoretical-practical relevance of the thesis or Master’s project, according to the knowledge of the area;
– Quality of the theoretical framework and theoretical arguments;
– Adequacy and clarity in the description of each step for the study operationalization;
– Quality of proposal organization and presentation, observing if the proposal meets the standards indicated in the field above, and if it is written correctly, without grammatical or spelling errors;
b) Participation in the Doctoral and Master’s consortia is subject to the REGISTRATION of the student at ENGEMA, and PAYMENT confirmation.